Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School's In

August 24th. The first day of school for Blake. He was up by 5:45 am. Asking his dad if it was time to get ready for school yet. No, the bus does not come for another two hours and fifteen minutes-Please go back to bed. Well, Blake is really liking 2nd grade. His favorite subject this year is math. He did not have any of his good friends from last year in his class but he does see them at recess so it's not so bad.

In may of last year when Kaitlyn went to her Kindergarten testing there was a question on the page, "Would you like your child to attend all-day kindergarten?" I was so excited to think that I could have her attend all day kindergarten. Wow, I could get so much accomplished if I did not have to worry about being home in the middle of the day to get a Kindergartener off the bus. So of course I put yes. Then I asked what the requirements were. I was told it was for students that needed extra help. I thought there would be no way that she would need that, after all she was pretty well prepared to start kindergarten. She recognized and could write almost all of her letters and she was also able to count to 100. Well, the week before school was to start I received a call from the school. They asked if I was still interested in having Kaitlyn go to all-day Kindergarten. Well who wouldn't want that, they wanted her to be in the class as a model student. And so Here she is on her first day, August 27th. She is bursting at the seems with excitement. Not only is she starting Kindergarten but she gets to go all day and even eat lunch at school like the big kids.The first day ended and she arrived home. Her dad asked how it was? All she could say was "TOTALLY AWESOME" He asked how was lunch and again got the same answer, "TOTALLY AWESOME." I hope that that attitude will carry with her for the next 13 years and she will continue to love learning.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow! How lucky are you to have her in all day. That would have been nice for Lexi, not so much for Carter. Enjoy the two little ones at home!